Workshop on mixed-mode surveys 2021
The University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Sciences, Centre for Social Informatics (CSI), held its traditional workshop on mixed-mode surveys on 1 December 2021. The event was attended by colleagues from CSI, the Public Opinion and Mass Communication Research Centre of UL FSS, the Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia and the National Institute of Public Health to share insights in the field of online and mixed surveys. The event was organised and moderated by Prof. Dr. Vasja Vehovar.
Panellists highlighted recent trends in the use of online surveys during a pandemic, as well as lessons learned from previous methodological activities. Due to Covid-19, the consultation was held online via Zoom, where the following presentations were made:
- Comparison of using a web-based panel and probability sampling for assessing pandemic exhaustion (NIJZ, dr. Nejc Berzelak, Darja Lavtar, Maruša Rehberger, Metka Zaletel).
- Challenges of interviewing hard-to-reach groups in online panels (NIJZ, Maruša Rehberger, Darja Lavtar, Katarina Muha)
- Is it (always) advisable to break down questions in tabular form on a PC and not just on a mobile phone? (CSI, dr. Gregor Čehovin, dr. Vasja Vehovar)
- Experiences and challenges of conducting the ESS survey during a pandemic and the potential of the Cronos panel (CJMMK, dr. May Doušak)
- Analysis of the impact of the survey design in the survey on commuter mobility of the Slovenian population (SURS, Vasilij Centrih)
- Experiences and challenges in collecting data on persons and households in EU Member States during the COVID -19 crisis (SURS, Andreja Smukavec)
The programme and materials for the 2021 consultation can be found here.
Back to list of notificationsPublished: 09. December 2021 | Category: News