- Placing the study of diplomacy within the development of the study of international relations
- Conceptualisation and contextualisation of diplomacy: from classical diplomatic and consular relations to public diplomacy
- Sociologic approaches to the study of diplomacy and international relations
- Meta-theoretical (ontological, epistemological, axiological) and theoretical (classical, positivist and post-positivist) approaches to the study of international relations and diplomacy
- Interdisciplinarity of the study of diplomacy: legal, historical and political science approach to diplomacy studies
- Diplomacy and international community: institutionalisation of peaceful conflict resolution
- Diplomacy and foreign policy: key instrument of foreign policy
- Processes of codification of contemporary diplomatic law
- Placing the history of diplomacy within the history of international relations: specificity of the history of diplomacy
- Placing diplomacy within the structure of international relations: reciprocity of international actors, subjects, relations and norms and modern diplomacy
- Bilateral and multilateral diplomacy
- Diplomacy and international security
- Diplomacy and international political economy
- Diplomatic functioning of subjects of international law and international relations
- Diplomacy, area and problem studies of international relations
Quick factsType: third level Doctoral study programme
Duration: 4 years
Professional title: Doctor of Philosophy / doktor znanosti
General requirements for enrolment: 300 ECTS
Tuition fee: 10.600 € for programme
Foreign citizens who have completed study programme abroad may enrol in doctoral study programme if they complete the offical Slovenian procedure of recognition of foreign undergraduate education.
The main purpose of the programmes is to provide doctoral students with fundamental knowledge from their research disciplines in different fields of the humanities and social sciences, while developing the competences required for independent research and the application of knowledge at an internationally comparable level.
Department's mission is to provide for excellence in teaching and research of international relations for the benefit of people and of environment in Slovenia and in the world.