Call for enrolment into second cycle master study programmes for academic year 2017/18
Follow these steps to apply for a master programme:
Step 2: Check important dates
Deadline for applicants:
- 31 May 2017 for non-EU students and
- 1 September 2017 for EU students.
Intake: till 30 September 2017.
Step 3: Check requirements for enrolment
See the course details for the entry requirements of your course. Your previous study will be assessed in the procedure for recognition of foreign higher education credentials or diplomas.
Step 4: Submit your application for recognition of foreign education
The procedure starts with the application for study in Slovenia. The procedure is conducted by the authorised person at the faculty of the University of Ljubljana.
Please note that the required evidence of foreign education can vary, dependent on the individual foreign country of origin.
The required documents in the process of recognition of foreign education:
1. the original of the certificate or diploma, which must be legalized (with the Apostille stamp)*,
2. photocopy of the certificate or diploma,
3. certified Slovene or English translation of the certificate or diploma,
4. evidence on the contents and duration of education and the requirements fulfilled during the educational programme: diploma supplement, transcripts of records or annual report cards (in English or official translation in English or Slovene language),
5. short chronological description of the entire education (prepared by the applicant).
*If the country is not on the list, the original diploma needs to be legalized with the following seals:
- the seal of Ministry of Higher Education in the country of issue of your diploma,
- the seal of Ministry of justice,
- the seal of Ministry of foreign affairs.
You do not need to legalize your diploma (however you still need to submit the original document) if you have finished your previous education in the following countries (due to bilateral agreements between countries):
- Bosnia and Hercegovina,
- Czech Republic,
PLEASE NOTE: the recognition decision is issued within two months after the date of completed application.
The required documents (hard copy) should be send till deadline to:
FAKULTETA ZA DRUŽBENE VEDE / FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Služba za podiplomski študij / Postgraduate study office
Kardeljeva ploščad 5
SI -1000 Ljubljana
Further information: Anita Žagar, E-mail: email@example.com
Step 5: Check tuition costs and scholarships
Tuition fee: 4.000 €
Admission fee: 35,70 €
Tuition fee must be paid in upon enrolment at the faculty. The tuition fee does not include the mandatory health insurance. This must be settled before the start of study.
Please note: The confirmation on registration willl be issued upon the payment of tuition fee.
Tuition for full-time study is funded by the Ministry of Higher Education for following students:
• Citizens of EU Member States;
• Foreign citizens residing in the Republic of Slovenia who (or their parents/guardians) are taxable persons in the Republic of Slovenia;
• Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship;
• Citizens of countries with which the Republic of Slovenia has concluded bilateral or multilateral agreements on cooperation in the field of education or reciprocity (Bosnia and Herzegovina,Montenegro, Macedonia, Republic of Serbia, Kosovo).
EXCEPTION: Students who enroll into 2nd level study programmes with an already achieved 2nd level of education should pay tuition fees also for full-time study.
For scholarships refer to: Scholarships
Guidance through the application and the required evidence is available on the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport web-sites.
Submit you enrolment application
Back to list of notificationsPublished: 03. June 2015 | Category: Enrolments