Call for enrolment into master degree programmes in the academic year
Follow these steps to apply for a master programme:
Step 2: Check important dates
Deadline for applications:
1st application period (for EU and non-EU candidates):
prolonged till 9 June, 2020.
The candidates must fulfill all enrolment criteria and send all required documents for the recognition of foreign education till 10 July, 2020.
2nd application period (only for EU candidates and only for programmes with free places after 1st application period):
from 20 August till 11 September 2020.
The candidates must fulfill all enrolment criteria and send all required documents for the recognition of foreign education till September 18, 2020.
Intake: till 30 September 2020.
Step 3: Check requirements for enrolment
See the course details for the entry requirements of your course. Your previous study will be assessed in the procedure for recognition of foreign higher education credentials or diplomas.
Step 4: Submit your application for recognition of foreign education
A candidate who has finished his or her studies in a foreign country (not Slovenia) and would like to continue education in the Slovenian higher education institution is obliged to acquire a decision on the recognition of the foreign education.
The recognition procedure is a part of the enrolment procedure. The candidate submits the recognition application together with the study enrolment application (online on the eVŠ portal).
The required documents in the process of recognition of foreign education:
1. original of the certificate or diploma, which must be legalized (with the Apostille stamp)*,
2. photocopy of the certificate or diploma,
3. certified Slovene or English translation of the certificate or diploma,
4. evidence on the contents and duration of education and the requirements fulfilled during the educational programme: diploma supplement, transcripts of records or annual report cards (in English or official translation in English or Slovene language),
5. short chronological description of the entire education (prepared by the applicant).
*The original of the certificate or diploma must be legalized with the Apostille stamp by the authority in the country of its origin (find the competent authority in a country where a diploma was issued: https://www.hcch.net/en/instruments/conventions/authorities1/?cid=41).
If the country is not on the list, the original diploma / certificate must must be legalised on the basis of local law in your country first, the last stamp from your country is usually from Ministry of Foreign Affairs; after that you need to legalise the certificate at one of the Embassies of the Republic of Slovenia, which is accredited for your country or at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia.
You do not need to legalize your diploma (however you still need to submit the original document) if you have finished your previous education in the following countries (due to bilateral agreements between countries): Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, France, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia.
PLEASE NOTE: The procedure of recognition begins when the application is complete. The recognition decision is issued within 20 days after the date of completed application.
The required documents (hard copy) should be send by registered post till deadline to:
FAKULTETA ZA DRUŽBENE VEDE / FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Služba za študentske zadeve / Student affairs office
Kardeljeva ploščad 5
SI -1000 Ljubljana
Step 5: Check tuition costs and scholarships
Tuition fee: 4.000 €
Please note: Tuition costs must be paid in upon enrolment at the faculty. The confirmation on registration will be issued upon the payment of tuition costs.
The tuition fee does not include the mandatory health insurance and registration fee. This must be settled before the start of study.
Tuition fee is paid by:
- students of non-EU countries, excluding persons granted international protection, applicants for international protection and persons from countries with which the Republic of Slovenia has concluded bilateral agreement (Slovenia has concluded bilateral agreements with Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Serbia);
- all students with already acquired equivalent degree of education;
- all part-time students.
For scholarships refer to: Scholarships
Guidance through the application and the required evidence is available on the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport web-sites.
Submit your enrolment application
Back to list of notificationsPublished: 03. June 2015 | Category: Enrolments