- The concept of social informatics, history, developement, specific aspects, understanding, context.
- Information society: concept, development, parameters, ICT in everyday life.
- Online communities and social networks (practice, factors, motives, norms).
- Social aspects of mobile phone use.
- Monitoring the information society: overview, methodological approaches.
- Social aspects of ICT services and technologies: applications usability, privacy and security aspects, the role and regulation of ICT.
- ICT applications in the public sector: eHealth, eGovernment, eLearning, ambient technology.
- Latest ICT as a tool for the analysis of social phenomena (eg, social network analysis), with a focus on phenomena related to the use of ICT services (web).
- Social aspects of the role of ICT: digital divide, eParticipation, information literacy.
Doctoral students are introduced to the study of the interaction between information-communication technologies (ICT) and contemporary society.
Quick factsType: third level Doctoral study programme
Duration: 4 years
Professional title: Doctor of Philosophy / doktor znanosti
Deadline for applicants: 31 May 2019 for non-EU candidates; 23 August 2018 for EU candidates
Intake: 30 September 2019
General requirements for enrolment: 300 ECTS
Tuition fee: 10.600 € for programme
Foreign citizens who have completed study programme abroad may enrol in doctoral study programme if they complete the offical Slovenian procedure of recognition of foreign undergraduate education.
The main purpose of the programmes is to provide doctoral students with fundamental knowledge from their research disciplines in different fields of the humanities and social sciences, while developing the competences required for independent research and the application of knowledge at an internationally comparable level.
The mission of the department is providing excellence in education, research and development of social informatics, methodology of social research and social statistics.