The doctoral programme in the Humanities and Social Sciences is open to:
- Graduates of Bologna Master’s study programmes.
- Graduates of study programmes leading to university a degree.
- Graduates of study programmes leading to a specialisation, following a previously completed higher education study programme; upon the proposal of a field coordinator responsible for the doctoral programme, a competent body of a member faculty determines study obligations worth 30 to 60 ECTS needed for enrolment in the third level doctoral programme.
- Graduates of study programmes leading to a masters degree or a specialisation following the completion of a first degree; upon the proposal of a field coordinator responsible for the doctoral programme, a competent body of a member faculty acknowledges study obligations to the value of at least 60 ECTS, thus enabling enrolment in a third level doctoral programme.
Students who finished equivalent education abroad meet the conditions for enrolment in doctoral study. Equivalence of formerly obtained education abroad is ascertained through the process of verification of foreign education, in compliance with Article 121 of the Statute of the University of Ljubljana.
Before registration it is necessary to get the supervisor's agreement.
Criteria for selection of students
Criteria for applicants' selection in the case of enrolment restrictions:
- grade point average in previous studies - 50%;
- oral exam/interview taken in front of an expert committee for the study field the candidate is applying for, accounts for the second 50%.
Upon the approval of the coordinator, an appropriate faculty member responsible for the doctoral study decides the applicant's suitability.