Dr. Simona Hvalič Touzery, Assistant Professor, is a researcher at the Centre for Social Informatics at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana. Prior to her current post she worked for almost 8 years at the Angela Boškin Faculty of Health Care (Fakulteta za zdravstvo Angele Boškin - FZAB). There she was a Vice-dean of Research and development, the Head of the Centre for Life-Long Learning, Career Counselling, Tutoring and Mentoring, researcher and a teacher. She also worked for 8 years at the Anton Trstenjak Institute of gerontology and intergenerational relations as a researcher, editor of the scientific gerontological journal and organizer of the social welfare programs. At the Angela Boškin Faculty of Health Care she was involved in the health promotion projects and various gerontological projects (Palliare, JA Frailty, EuroFamCare). Currently she is working on various projects related to new technologies on telecare solutions for older people and their informal carers. Her work is published in international journals including Nurse Education Today, International Journal of Nursing Education, International Nursing Review and Journal of Advanced Nursing.
Academic qualifications and education:
- 2018: Assist. Prof. for the scientific field of Sociology (UL, FSS)
- 2018: Research Fellow (UL, FSS)
- 2014: Research Fellow (Faculty of Health Care Jesenice)
- 2013: Assist. Prof. for the scientific field of Sociology of Health and Disease (College of Nursing Jesenice)
- 2011: Senior Lecturer (College of Nursing Jesenice)
- 2007: PhD in Social Work, 2007: Faculty of Social Work, University of Ljubljana
- 2001: MSc in Sociology, 2001: Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana; International Masters study of the social policy and sociology- MESPA (MSc programme "European Social Policy Analysis" - MESPA)
- 1999: BA in Sociology: Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana
Projects finished in the last 5 years:
- 2020-2024: COST Action NET4AGE-FRIENDLY - “International Interdisciplinary Network on Smart Healthy Age-friendly Environments” (Management Committee Substitite - MC)
- 2020-2022: Evalvacija projekta Preoblikovanje obstoječih mrež ter vstop novih izvajalcev za nudenje skupnostnih storitev in programov za starejše, Ministrstvo za zdravje RS (Collaborating researcher). Project leader at UL: Lea Lebar
- 2019-2021: Dejavniki, ki v kontekstu oskrbovanja na daljavo vplivajo na namen uporabe pametnih tehnološko podprtih storitev oskrbe (TPO) med družinskimi oskrbovalci starejših ljudi /Factors impacting intention to use smart technology enabled care services among family carers of older people in the context of long-distance care, Slovenian Research Agency ARRS (Collaborating researcher, project coordinator at UL). Project leader: dr. Vesna Dolničar, assoc. prof.
- 2018-2021: i-evAALution: integrating and evaluating AAL solutions /»i-evAALution« - integracija in vrednotenje AAL rešitev«, AAL Joint Programme (Collaborating researcher, project coordinator at UL). Project leader at UL: dr. Vesna Dolničar, assoc. prof.
- 2018-2020: Evalvacija pilotnih projektov s področja dolgotrajne oskrbe / The evaluation of the pilots that support the transition to the implementation of the long-term care system, Ministry of Health RS (Collaborating researcher). Project leader at UL: dr. Vesna Dolničar, assoc. prof.
- 2018-2021: Razumevanje in analiza potreb uporabnikov za razvoj e-storitev integrirane socialne in zdravstvene oskrbe v družbi staranja / Understanding and analysis of users' needs for the development of e-services for integrated social and health care in the aging society, Slovenian Research Agency ARRS: L5-9337 (Collaborating researcher). Project leader: dr. Andraž Petrovčič, assist. prof.