PhD position on the field of data analytics or social network analysis in Estonia
Institute of Computer Science at the University of Tartu is looking for a phd student in following research themes:Social Network (or Media) Analysis Data Analytics.
- Scholarship for 4 years: 1200 Euros per month. Some additional income can be earned by teaching.
- Tuition and health insurance.
- Academic and industrial professional development including travel support Diverse, collaborative cohorts Interaction with world-renowned external board members and speakers Travel grant for attending conferences and workshops.
About Research Center: Institute of Computer Science, University of Tartu, Estonia
University of Tartu is the leading higher education and research center in Estonia, with more than 16000 students and 1800 academic staff. It is also the highest ranked university in the Baltic States according to both the Times Higher Education and the QS World University rankings.
University of Tartu's Institute of Computer Science hosts 750 Bachelors and Masters students and 60 doctoral students.
The institute has a strong international orientation: over 40% of graduate students and a quarter of academic and research staff members are international. Graduate teaching in the institute is in English.
The successful candidate will develop an independent research agenda within the software engineering and information systems research group at the Institute of Computer Science - http://sep.cs.ut.ee/ . The group conducts leading-edge research in the fields of business process management, process mining, software process analytics, social network analysis, (business) data analytics. In 2016, the group earned best or distinguished paper awards at three major information systems engineering conferences: CAiSE, BPM and ER, in addition to four other awards in the past five years.
The applicant should have:
- A master's degree in computer science, mathematics or other relevant discipline,
- Good programming skills,
- A good command of spoken and written English,
- Background in Statistics/Data Mining/Machine Learning would be ideal, but are not necessarily expected attributes.
The position is available from September, 2017, and the funding covers the student fees and a monthly stipend of 1200 (Tax free) for 4 years.
All applications should include a CV, a 1-page research statement of suitability. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
To the successful candidates conditional offer letter can be made given that Masters Degree will be obtained by end of June.
Nazaj na seznam vseh obvestilObjavljeno: 31. januar 2018 | v kategoriji: Možnosti za delo in študij