VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: JUNIOR RESEARCHER for the PROJECT “FRAME”
The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) is an inter-disciplinary centre of excellence supported by the EU, aiming at pursuing the continued promotion of human rights and democratisation through education, specialised training, and research cooperation.
With reference to its research activities, EIUC is looking to appoint a highly qualified individual to participate in the unique large scale FP7 research project “FRAME” involving 20 universities in the EU and worldwide on the topic of human rights in EU external relations and internal policies. For more information on the project, visit www.fp7-frame.eu.
Functions and tasks
The FRAME Junior Researcher will work as a member of the research unit dedicated to the FRAME project. He/she will work under the supervision of the EIUC Secretary General and FRAME Senior Researcher, and with a team composed of other researchers.
The FRAME Junior Researcher will have to conduct research aiming at:
· Contributing to the further elaboration and improvement of the created theoretical framework assessing EU policy tools for the integration of human rights considerations in internal and external policies;
· Examining the potential for adapted or new policy tools in order to increase effectiveness and/or consistency of policies;
· Contributing to the development together with a team – based on the results of FRAME’s research as conducted by all research teams involved - a policy toolbox to be used by EU policy makers and integrating existing, adapted and new policy tools in order to enhance human rights protection within the EU and in third countries,
· Contributing to and participating in the FRAME-related dissemination and educational activities.
The FRAME Junior Researcher should be in the process of completing his/her doctoral dissertation or possess a Doctoral degree (PhD/JSD) in law or political science/international relations (or other relevant subjects to FRAME’s context) from a leading university with outstanding grades;
In addition, the FRAME Junior Researcher should possess and demonstrate the following:
· Clear interest and expertise in European Union law and politics, human rights and international organisations law and practice, and in particular instruments of the EU internal human rights policy,
· Openness to interdisciplinary research, excellent analytical skills as demonstrated by writing samples, and ability to summarize and present large amount of information in an intelligent way;
· Ability to organise your own research activities while working as part of a research team, and to handle different tasks at the same time while keeping strict deadlines;
· Native level of English (working language of the project);
· Excellent and culturally sensitive communication and diplomatic skills;
· Efficient use of the standard Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
The FRAME Junior Researcher will be required to take up the position on 1 September 2015 and finishing on 30 September 2016 (with the possibility of renewal subject to performance until the end of the project duration – 30 April 2017). The gross salary will depend on qualifications and seniority.
Workplace: Venice. Other locations may be considered upon condition of travelling to Venice when required.
Please send a cover letter, details of referees, and detailed curriculum vitae to the FRAME Senior Researcher (Karolina.email@example.com), and in CC to the EIUC Senior Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 19 April 2015.
Nazaj na seznam vseh obvestilObjavljeno: 24. februar 2015 | v kategoriji: Aktualno