Topics of master’s theses
In accordance with Articles 10 and 11 of the Rules on the final work on the programs of the first and second level, the student generally choses from the announced topics, however he/she can also propose the topic that is not on the list after the consultation with the mentor. Either way, the topic must be approved by the administrator of the master’s program.
A master student must apply for the topic of the master’s thesis in the 2nd year, no later than March 15th. However, the College of the Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences has decided to extend the deadline for the master's thesis topic application for the academic year 2021/22: for 2nd year students of the renewed master's programs deadline in 2021/22 is May 15th 2022.
A student who does not apply for a master’s thesis in the 2nd year, by that date, can not apply later in the current academic year and cannot defend a master’s thesis in current academic year. The application for the master’s thesis can be made after October 1st of the following academic year.
The registered master’s thesis is valid for three years from the date of application. After this deadline, the application is dismissed and the student must apply again.
The student may also complete the master’s thesis under the mentorship of other habilitated teachers at the Faculty of Social Sciences who are not listed below – if confirmed by the program coordinator.
The topics of the master’s theses were published by the following lecturers by chairs
Assoc. prof. dr. Matjaž Uršič
Sets of topics that will be further defined in more detail during the consultation hours with the mentor:
1. Topics related to the implementation, research work and analysis of research results of EU / SLO
research projects at the Center for Spatial Sociology (CPS).
For a list of projects and topics see: https://www.fdv.uni-lj.si/en/news-and-information/contacts/researchers/info/matjaz-ursic
2. Topics related to social analysis of urban revitalization concepts.
3. Topics related to the social analysis of urban creativity or the concept of (sub)cultural creativity of cities.
4. Topics related to social analysis of the concept of smart cities.
5. Topics related to the sociology of sport.
6. Topics related to sustainable development, environmental sociology, social ecology and ecology of everyday life.
Back to list of notificationsPublished: 05. June 2023 | Category: 2023/24