The Joint Master program Political Science – Integration and Governance (PoSIG) is based on international standards and criteria for teaching political science in line with the level 7 of the European Qualifications Framework and in line with the second qualification cycle of QF-EHEA. Both partner universities from the EU Member States (Salzburg, Ljubljana) bring quality, developed and recognized academic profiles to the subject areas of comparative policies, European integration, international relations, public administration and public policies, political theory and methodology. Universities from the Western Balkan countries additionally provide specific academic skills and knowledge in view of the political developments in the region.
PoSIG is joint master program, focusing on students, offering them extremely high flexibility and plentiful study choices, consistently focusing on learning outcomes and competencies, but also requires high motivation of students to study independently and to make independent personal decision-making on the academic profile they want to develop within given curriculum. Students must decide on their individual study preferences in two areas of specialization among the five offered. Within the selected master's thesis, students must demonstrate their abilities of an independent research project, supervised by one teacher from Austria or Slovenia and one teacher from the Western Balkan countries. In the first year of study, all students of the program must study in Austria and/or Slovenia, choose the subjects in the two offered basic modules (out of five) and listen to the methodological set of courses. In the second year of study students choose to study at one or two partner universities in the Western Balkans, where they complete their study obligations and prepare and defend their master's thesis. The basic objectives of the program are:
- to provide students with extensive knowledge of political theories, political concepts, actors, institutions, processes, norms and key areas of public policies in selected modules;
- to develop student’s ability to understand, evaluate and apply social science research in accordance with EU standards;
- to develop the ability to analyze political and social problems in accordance with social sciences concepts and theories;
- to establish a network of continuous cooperation between students, future actors of political development from different countries and backgrounds;
- to establish a bridge between partner universities, political organizations, profit and non-profit organizations from countries participating in the program.