Dear prospective applicant. Thank your interest in studying at the Faculty of Social Sciences. To apply for a doctoral programme with us, please follow the steps below.
Step 2: Observe the deadlines
August 25, 2017 - Final date for accepting applications
September 30, 2017 - Final date for enrolment
Step 3: Check requirements for enrolment
See details for the entry requirements. Your previous study will be assessed in the procedure for recognition of foreign higher education credentials or diplomas.
Step 4: Note tuition costs and scholarships
Admission fee for academic year is 29 EUR.
Tuition fee for academic year is 3.500 EUR.
The selected students sign a learning agreement and pay the first-year tuition fee. Students pay the tuition for the second and third years when they advance to the next year.
Tuition fee must be paid in upon enrolment at the faculty. The tuition fee does not include the mandatory health insurance. This must be settled before the start of study.
Please note: The confirmation on registration willl be issued upon the payment of tuition fee. Unfortunately, the Faculty of Social Sciences does not offer scholarships or any other grants or loans.
Step 5: Submit your enrolment application and application for education recognition
Recognition of foreign education
The procedure starts with the application for study in Slovenia. The procedure is conducted by the authorised person at the Faculty of Social Sciences.
Indicative list of documents in the process of recognition of foreign education:
the original of the certificate or diploma, which must be legalized (with the Apostille stamp)*,
photocopy of the certificate or diploma,
certified Slovene or English translation of the certificate or diploma,
evidence on the contents and duration of education and the requirements fulfilled during the educational programme: diploma supplement, transcripts of records or annual report cards (in English language or certified Slovene or English translation),
short chronological description of the entire education (prepared by the applicant).
* If the country is not on the list, the original diploma needs to be legalized with the following seals:
- the seal of Ministry of Higher Education in the country of issue of your diploma,
- the seal of Ministry of justice,
- the seal of Ministry of foreign affairs.
You do not need to legalize your diploma (however you still need to submit the original document) if you have finished your previous education in the following countries (due to bilateral agreements between countries):
- Bosna and Herzegovina,
- Czech Republic,
Please note: The recognition decision is issued within two months after the date of completed application.
Further information: Anita Žagar, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for completing the application
Complete enrolment application
Applications must include the following:
- Signed copy of the enrollment form
- Short CV with bibliography
- Outline of Ph.D. thesis (of max 1000 words) with main bibliography
- Document required for the recognition of education (see list above)
- Consent_of_mentor (list-of-potential-mentors)
Outline of Ph.D thesis should include:
- comprehensive literature review as a basis for the scientific relevance of the proposed research;
- the research question(s) derived from the review of literature or/and thesis/ hypothesis;
- description of the research methodology, research methods and structure of the thesis;
- argumentation of the original contribution of the thesis to the selected scientific field;
- list of sources.
The required documents (hard copy) should be send to:
Faculty of Social Sciences
Office for postgraduate studies
Kardeljeva pl. 5
SI - 1000 Ljubljana
IMPORTANT! We strongly encourage you to start working on fulfilling all the formal requirements as soon as possible to avoid any procedural or other difficulties along the way. The Faculty of Social Sciences shall bear no responsibility with any procedures outside those directly related with studies at the University. For example, fulfilling of any requirements related to internal affairs (e.g. visas) are and will be considered as being entirely and solely the responsibility of the applicant.
Back to list of notificationsPublished: 26. February 2016 | Category: Enrolments