Invitation to CIR and TEPSA's Townhall Meeting on Differentiated Integration and Migration
We hereby invite you to a Townhall Meeting on Differentiated Integration (DI) and Migration organised by the Centre of International Relations at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana (CIR) and the Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA).
The event will take place online on 25 May 2021 between 18.00 and 19.30 CEST. It will focus on the conceptualisation of Differentiated Integration (i.e. a process of integration in which the Member States opt to move forward at different speeds) and its practical implementation within the EU Migration Policy. It will include speakers from civil society, research, and EU institutions, who will share their first-hand experience in working with migrants and (co-)designing migration policies.
The panellists (in alphabetical order) will include:
- Ms. Ana Kristovič, Member of the Governing Board and Project Leader, ADRA Slovenija,
- Mr. Michael Shotter, Director responsible for Migration, Protection and Visa in European Commission’s DG HOME,
- dr. Funda Tekin, director of the Institut für Europäische Politik, a TEPSA Board Member, and a member of the team of researchers involved in the ‘DiCE – Differentiation: Clustering Excellence’ project,
- Ms. Anita Tušar, a public relations officer at the European Parliament Liaison Office in Slovenia, and
- Mr. Boštjan Videmšek, an award-winning freelance journalist, author of several books, and the European Climate Pact Ambassador.
The discussion (in English) will be moderated by prof. dr. Zlatko Šabič from CIR.
To join the discussion, please register here. The registration will be open until 25 May 2021.
You can access the event here (https://uni-lj-si.zoom.us/j/91479786095; Meeting ID: 914 7978 6095).
*The Townhall Meeting is organised in the framework of the project ‘DiCE – Differentiation: clustering excellence’.
You can find the invitation with more information on the speakers, the project and the organizers here
Back to list of notificationsPublished: 09. May 2021 | Category: News