Introduction to the European Union
Temelji Evropske unije
6.00 ECTS / 60 (20 hours of lectures, 20 hours of exercises, 20 hours of seminars, 0 hours other forms of work)
izr. prof. dr. Ana Bojinović Fenko
- Tch. Asst. Dr. Jure Požgan
- Assoc. Dr. Vladimir Prebilič
- Undergraduate Programme of Defence Studies
- Undergraduate Programme of International Relations
1. The EU as a regional international governmental organization and / or political system, thus sui generis entity; role of intergovernmental integration. 2. Overview of experiments and ideas of the (West) European cooperation and integration after World War II and the placement of the EU in these processes. From the initial idea, to the (sectoral) deepening and (territorial) enlargement. 3. Treaty framework: basic treaties of the European Communities and the EU, relations between them, the evolution of legal personality. 4. Institutional framework: institutional development of the European Community and the EU, their powers, roles, structure, voting rules and practice, internal organization and operation. The role and importance of other relevant actors in the EU. 5. Political process: Agenda-setting and formulation, decision-making and implementation of EU secondary law. 6. EU law: the diversity of EU legal acts, their nature, control of implementation, Court of Justice. 7. EU policies: internal policies (regulatory, redistributive, coordinative), EU external action (EU external relations and EU foreign policy). Examples of policies. 8. Representation of Slovenian national interests and interests of the society within EU institutions.
Please login with you username and password for more information about the course.