Contemporary European Societies
Sodobne evropske družbe
6.0 ECTS / 60 (30 hours of lectures, 0 hours of exercises, 30 hours of seminars, 0 hours other forms of work)
izr. prof. dr. Samo Uhan
Elective - general
- Undergraduate Programme of Communication studies - Marketing Communication and Public Relations
- Undergraduate Programme of Cultural studies - Studies of Culture and Creativity
- Undergraduate Programme of Defence Studies
- Undergraduate Programme of International Relations
- Undergraduate Programme of Journalism
- Undergraduate Programme of Media and Communication Studies
- Undergraduate Programme of Political Science - Public Policies and Sdministration
- Undergraduate Programme of Political Science - Studies of Politics and the State
- Undergraduate Programme of Social Informatics
- Undergraduate Programme of Sociology
- Undergraduate Programme of Sociology - Human Resources Management
The course addresses the different dimensions of the cultural, economic and political phenomenon of Europe according to their historical and present meaning.
Content is subject to synthesis of theoretical insights and empirical findings on the dynamics of changes in European societies in the context of EU enlargement. The subject focuses on the comparison, evaluation and interpretation of the observations, beliefs and behaviours of the population of the European Union. The European Social Survey, which is an empirical basis of the course has a broad thematic concept and deals with issues of political, social, economic, religious and other beliefs of the EU population.
Issues such as the social trust, social exclusion, national and ethnic identity, well-being, transformation of societal cleavages will be discussed on the basis of theories from a wide range of disciplines within the social science spectrum.
Please login with you username and password for more information about the course.
Curriculum was last modified on: 11.05.2020