Management of dynamic organizations
Menedžment dinamičnih organizacij
6.00 ECTS / 60 (30 hours of lectures, 0 hours of exercises, 30 hours of seminars, 0 hours other forms of work)
prof. dr. Andrej Rus
Elective - expert
- Undergraduate Programme of Communication studies - Marketing Communication and Public Relations
- Undergraduate Programme of Cultural studies - Studies of Culture and Creativity
- Undergraduate Programme of Defence Studies
- Undergraduate Programme of International Relations
- Undergraduate Programme of Journalism
- Undergraduate Programme of Media and Communication Studies
- Undergraduate Programme of Political Science - Public Policies and Sdministration
- Undergraduate Programme of Political Science - Studies of Politics and the State
- Undergraduate Programme of Social Informatics
- Undergraduate Programme of Sociology
- Undergraduate Programme of Sociology - Human Resources Management
The course is concerned with advanced topics in dynamic organizations and management. It includes two parts: a theoretical and an applicative one.
In the theoretical part the course explores Scott's analysos of organizations as rational, natural and open systems. This presents the frmework for the analysis of contemporary management approaches to the maangemnet of complex organizations.
In the applied part the course looks at contemporary approaches to management linking those with the theoretical foundamentals for better understanding and critical analysis. The topics are clustered in three chapters. Examples of open organization approach are: new forms of organizing, transaction cost theory and the problem of organizational boundary. Network organization and its applications: outsourcing, industrial regions, supply chains, strategic alliances, intraorganizational networks, coworking movement. Rational organizational approach deals with process organization, reingeenering, and six sigma. Natural system aproaches include, empowerment, innovation inspirational leadership, employee participation in change management, key capabilities of organizations.
Please login with you username and password for more information about the course.
Curriculum was last modified on: 23.06.2020