Social media and digital technologies
Družbeni mediji in digitalne tehnologije
6.0 ECTS / 60 (30 hours of lectures, 0 hours of exercises, 30 hours of seminars, 0 hours other forms of work)
prof. dr. Gregor Petrič
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Andraž Petrovčič
- Undergraduate Programme of Social Informatics
The course is designed to equip students with critical insight into theories and research approaches, which are focused on social, psychological and interactional aspects of the development, uses and consequences of social media and digital technologies. The course includes the following content:
1. Definitions, typologies and characteristics of social medial and digital technology; Emergence, development and critics of sociability evolution from Web 1.0 to Web 3.0.
2. Wider socio-cultural context of the formation and the role of social media in contemporary society.
3. Participation and collaboration in social media, social interactions, collective actions, social capital, self-representation and networked self.
4. Social media, activism, polarization of opinions and democratic discussions.
5. Practical tools for participation in social media, tools for collecting and analyzing data from social media.
6. Legal and ethical aspects of engagement and usage of social media in relation to privacy.
7. A choice of relevant questions related to the role of social media in economy, politics and everyday life.
Please login with you username and password for more information about the course.
Curriculum was last modified on: 04.03.2019