Studies of tourissm and travel
Študije turizma in potovanj
6.00 ECTS / 45 (30 hours of lectures, 0 hours of exercises, 15 hours of seminars, 0 hours other forms of work)
izr. prof. dr. Marjan Hočevar
Elective - expert
- Postgraduate Programme of Sociology
• Modern tourism as a means of mobility or leisure travel.
• Mutual links of social, cultural and historical factors for distinguishing between travel, modern nomadism and tourism.
• Mobility and leisure; permeation of work and leisure.
• A new "Mobility paradigm": the advantages and disadvantages of the theory.
• Historical and social conditions for the expansion of travel and tourism; the emergence, growth and demise of mass tourism.
• Travel and tourism as the industrial and service sector, and as a social phenomenon.
• Types of travel: jobs, holidays, urban, ecological, sex, shopping, religious / spiritual, etc.
• Design and presentation of tourist destinations (places): authenticity and forgery, cultural construction of tourist destinations.
• The individualisation of travel; globalization and the transformation of tourism.
• Differentiation and stratification of tourist destinations.
• The distinction between travel and tourism experience
Please login with you username and password for more information about the course.
Curriculum was last modified on: 30.03.2022