Social and cultural anthropology
Socialna in kulturna antropologija
6.00 ECTS / 60 (44 hours of lectures, 16 hours of exercises, 0 hours of seminars, 0 hours other forms of work)
doc. dr. Eva Vrtačič
- Assoc. Prof. Karmen Šterk
- Tch. Asst. Ana Svetel
- Undergraduate Programme of Communication studies - Marketing Communication and Public Relations
- Undergraduate Programme of Cultural studies - Studies of Culture and Creativity
- Undergraduate Programme of Defence Studies
- Undergraduate Programme of Media and Communication Studies
- Undergraduate Programme of Political Science - Studies of Politics and the State
The course tends to transcend stereotypical, ethnocentric and imprudent considerations of social and cultural diversity. Coss-cultural evidence refines the existing frame of refference which supplements the interpretation of existing customary social institutions, cultural norms and common sense naiveties. The students gain informed insight into subject of social and cultural anthropology, main concepts and most important distinctive highlights provided by non-western gaze on individual, society and culture. The emphasis is on holistic understanding of the human affairs as well as focusing on peculiarities and particularities of social existence beyond the West. The keynote orientation is on multicultural attitude towards understanding diversity as equality of different modes of human existence.
Please login with you username and password for more information about the course.
Curriculum was last modified on: 06.06.2022