Communication Science Seminar
3.00 ECTS / 30 (10 hours of lectures, 0 hours of exercises, 10 hours of seminars, 10 hours other forms of work)
prof. dr. Maruša Pušnik
Elective - general
- Undergraduate Programme of Communication studies - Marketing Communication and Public Relations
- Undergraduate Programme of Cultural studies - Studies of Culture and Creativity
- Undergraduate Programme of Defence Studies
- Undergraduate Programme of International Relations
- Undergraduate Programme of Journalism
- Undergraduate Programme of Media and Communication Studies
- Undergraduate Programme of Political Science - Public Policies and Sdministration
- Undergraduate Programme of Political Science - Studies of Politics and the State
- Undergraduate Programme of Social Informatics
- Undergraduate Programme of Sociology
- Undergraduate Programme of Sociology - Human Resources Management
The purpose of the seminar is to study selected current issues in communication science. It links basic communication science theories and approaches to the current global challenges of the 21st century that social sciences, especially communication science, are facing. It combines the study of basic readings and their application to specific challenges through guided discussions and essay writing.
The seminar equips students with a theoretical map on which to locate some of the key issues in communications and media in contemporary societies and pursue concerns through creative interventions. It puts special emphasis on theoretical applications designed to support communication, journalism and media practice work.
Strategic Communication during a Crisis
The purpose of the seminar is to study issues related to the current global challenges of the 21st century, including crises such as the global pandemic. We will discuss and apply basic communication theories to understand how crises affect society and how to produce effective communication during a crisis.
Communication areas we will study include strategic communication and public relations, crisis communication, health communication, digital and social media, and other professional and social communication issues. Class activities will include readings on communication issues and strategies, research, and essay writing. Students will have an opportunity to do research on a crisis issue with the professor.
Please login with you username and password for more information about the course.
Curriculum was last modified on: 15.02.2023