Digital Technologies in Social Science Research
Digitalne tehnologije v družboslovnem raziskovanju
6.00 ECTS / 60 (30 hours of lectures, 0 hours of exercises, 30 hours of seminars, 0 hours other forms of work)
izr. prof. dr. Katja Lozar Manfreda
- Assoc. Dr. Bojana Lobe
- Postgraduate Programme of Social Informatics
The course brings content which is specific for social sciences when speaking about data science and data analytics. While data science usually focuses on management, visualization and statistical data analysis, this course focuses on the usage of digital technologies for collecting data in social sciences, including classical social science methods, such as surveys and qualitative methods. In addition, it focuses also on integration of »classical« social science data with big data as prevalent type of data in modern quantified society, and on selected aspects of modern research process.
1. Type of data in the digital environment.
2. Digital technologies as a tool to collect primary data.
3. Issues in secondary data on the web.
4. Integration of different approaches.
5. Selected approaches to data analysis, organization, management in digital environment: computer-assisted analysis of qualitative data, analysis of web metrics, analysis and visualisation of geolocation data.
6. Selected aspects of modern research process, assisted by digital technologies.
Please login with you username and password for more information about the course.
Curriculum was last modified on: 13.04.2022