Introduction to social science research methods
Uvod v metode družboslovnega raziskovanja
6.00 ECTS / 60 (30 hours of lectures, 30 hours of exercises, 0 hours of seminars, 0 hours other forms of work)
izr. prof. dr. Mitja Hafner Fink
- Prof. Valentina Hlebec
- Assoc. Prof. Bojana Lobe
- Tch. Asst. Kristina Rakinić
- Undergraduate Programme of Defence Studies
- Undergraduate Programme of Political Science - Public Policies and Sdministration
- Undergraduate Programme of Social Informatics
- Undergraduate Programme of Sociology
- Undergraduate Programme of Sociology - Human Resources Management
1. Some basic problems of social research: research practice (examples), research goals, structure of knowledge-building process, scientific theory and its structure, empirical evidence, method; 2. Research strategies and social science paradigms: quantitative, qualitative, and comparative research; positivism and interpretative paradigm; integration of methods 3. Scientific explanation and the structure of research process: theory and empirics; alternative approaches to the explanation; types of research; participants; concept of causality; 4. Quantitative, qualitative and comparative research: basic characteristics and the course of research (examples); data collection and measurement; problems of data analysis; 5. Social determination of research: values and the problem of objectivity, research ethics.
Please login with you username and password for more information about the course.