Culture Studies Research
6.00 ECTS / 60 (30 hours of lectures, 0 hours of exercises, 30 hours of seminars, 0 hours other forms of work)
izr. prof. ddr. Aljoša Pužar
- Undergraduate Programme of Cultural studies - Studies of Culture and Creativity
- Development of interdisciplinar cultural studies in the world: a variety of traditions, lingusitic and cultural turn, from structuralism to culturalism (White & Schwoch).
- Dual origins/conceptualization of culturology in Slovenia (Mali).
- Hermeneutic principles and discoursivity in research of cultural phenomena (texts, contexts, sign systems in general).
- Adjustment of traditional research procedures for comparative investigation of live cultural prctices (Saukko).
- Research question and Basic interactive research design (Maxwell).
- Further elaboration of research question into conceptual model, its operationalization (either in the form of thought experiment or a real evidence-based research), with regard to the level of formalization of empirics (Tilly).
- Analytical methods, various approaches (quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods, methods-chain).
- Visualization and interpretation of results.
- Validity of research (adjustments, specialties).
- Construction of research report (for smaller projects).
- Principles and elements of academic work and writing, ethical concenrs.
- (through a course) Application of ICT in different research stages, methods. Modern bibliographic sources and data archives. Speech at public places.
Please login with you username and password for more information about the course.
Curriculum was last modified on: 17.06.2021