In October, an international PhD Workshop "Pre-registration of a Study Protocol in Social and Behavioral Sciences" will be held at the Faculty of Social Sciences. The workshop is intended for PhD students who plan an empirical part of the doctoral dissertation and are preparing a research plan for it.
The overall goal of the workshop is to enable PhD students in the social and behavioral sciences to develop a study protocol which can be pre-registered. By using pre-registration, PhD students can demonstrate that their studies have been conducted, analyzed, and reported as initially planned. Special emphasis will be placed on pre-registering meta-analyses and studies involving social network analysis. However, any intervention study/ experiment, correlational study and all other types of study designs aimed at testing assumptions in social and behaviour sciences are eligible for pre-registration.
Participating students will (1) participate in a 2 ½ day workshop, (2) present plans for their PhD project (on day 1 of the workshop), (3) develop and present the study protocol for their empirical study (on day 3 of the workshop) and (4) eventually submit a written study protocol (until Oct 31, 2018).
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Sciences, Ljubljana, Slovenia
ZPID - Leibniz Institute for Psychology Information, Trier, Germany.
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Sciences, Kardeljeva ploščad 5, Ljubljana. Room 10.
October 9, 2018:
- 13.00-13.30: Registration and welcome
- 13.30-15.00: PhD project presentations and roundtable (participating PhD students)
- 15.30-17.00: Lecture »Pre-registration of a study protocol and the research lifecycle« (prof. dr. Michael Bosnjak)
- 19.00: Joint dinner
October 10, 2018:
- 9.00-9.30: Lecture »Introduction to network measurement and analysis« (as. prof. dr. Luka Kronegger)
- 9.30-11.00: Lecture »Measurement of egocentric networks« (prof. dr. Tina Kogovšek)
- 11.30-13.00: Lecture »Basic of network analysis« (as. prof. dr. Luka Kronegger)
- 14.00-15.30: Lecture »Pre-registered research syntheses and meta-analyses (prof. dr. Michael Bosnjak)
- 16.00-17.00: Wrap-up of day 2, preview day 3, and discussion
October 11, 2018:
- 9.00-12.00, 13.00-14.30: Study protocol development and discussion (PhD students under supervision of participating mentors)
- 15.00-17.00: Final presentations and discussion of study protocols (participating PhD students)
Participating professors and mentors:
prof. dr. Michael Bosnjak*,
prof. dr. Valentina Hlebec**
prof. dr. Tina Kogovšek**
prof. dr. Luka Kronegger**
prof. dr. Samo Kropivnik**
prof. dr. Katja Lozar Manfreda**
* ZPID, University of Trier
** Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana
More information on how to get to the Faculty of Social Sciences
Back to list of notificationsPublished: 13. August 2018