International Summer School of Political Ecology 2022
We are inviting you to join the International Summer School of Political Ecology 2022, which will be held under the title New concepts for just transitions: Towards living well within planetary boundaries.
Where: Ljubljana, Slovenia: Faculty of Social Sciences at University of Ljubljana (and via zoom)
When: 27th June – 1st July 2022
The International Summer School of Political Ecology 2022 aims to enliven a space to share, debate and critically reflect on current research, practices, methodologies, and processes for just, inclusive and deliberative transitions to living well within planetary boundaries. The transitions are happening and will have to happen in many fields, but we have selected some that are especially visible: democracy and state, energy and transport, consumption and production, and land-use.
We are delighted to announce that this year, our confirmed guest speakers include:
• Green state theorist prof. Robyn Eckersley
• Urban critical political ecologist prof. Erik Swyngedouw
• Professor of human geography and expert in environmental psychology aspects of energy transitions prof. Patrick Devine-Wright
• Professor of international relations and expert in political ecology of energy transitions prof. Peter Newell
• Socio-ecological philosopher and degrowth researcher dr. Barbara Muraca
• Activist-researcher working in areas of post-extractivism, post-development and ontological design dr. Arturo Escobar
• Critical circular economy researcher dr. Kersty Hobson
• Researcher of food system transitions dr. Aniek Hebinck
• Economic historian and climate activist dr. Matthias Schmelzer
• Professor of urban transport politics and citizen participation prof. Crystal Legacy
• Economic policy adviser and Cuban agrarian relations expert dr. Gladys Hernández
• and more.
The International Summer School of Political Ecology 2022 is intended for students, researchers, academics, officials, civil society, the media and all those with interest in contemporary environmental and ecological concerns. Participation in the Summer School is FREE!
You can find more about it in the attached invitation and on the website https://www.politicalecology-ljubljana.si/, where you can also register for the event.
Please apply by:
- 15th April 2022: Mater and Doctoral Students who wish to obtain ECTS credits,
- 15th May 2022: all other participants.
The International Summer School of Political Ecology 2022 is part of the LIFE IP CARE4CLIMATE project.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Summer School of Political Ecology 2022_Ljubljana_Invitation
Back to list of notificationsPublished: 03. March 2022