Simona Kustec, PhD in Political Sciences (2005), MA in Political Sciences, Policy Analysis – European Aspects (2002), BA in Political Sciences, Policy Analysis and Public Administration (1999), University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Full Professor at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Sciences (Chair for Policy Analysis and Public Administration) and Venice International University, Italy (2019/20)
- Researcher at the Centre for Political Sciences Research, University of Ljubljana (1999 on), head or country representative researcher at many domestic and international research projects, among them:
Target national research project Effective state support for the citizens’ sport activity
Basic national research project Pre-election campaign and democratic evolution of state and society
Basic national research project Open method of coordination; an analysis of its policy and political consequences
Basic national research project Developing an integrated model of indicators for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of e-government policies
EU COST Action IS0806 The True European Voter: A Strategy for Analysing the Prospects of European Electoral Democracy That Includes the West, the South and the East of the Continent, coordinated by University of Mannheimu, Mannheimer Zentrum für Europäische Sozialforschung
EU Preparatory Action in the field of sport, research project Action for Good Governance in Sport (AGGIS), coordinated by the Play the Game/ Danish Institute for Sports Studies
EU Jean Monet LLLP.
Bilateral research project with the University of Stirling Law School, Scotland, funded by the Royal Society of Edinburgh/the Slovenian Academy of Science and Arts and the ERASMUS programme on Recent developments in EU law and policy and the impacts upon anti-doping regimes
Sport Governance, Sport, Identité, Culture, Université de Lille 2, Faculté des sciences du sport et de l'éducation physique, laboratoire.
Comparative Manifesto Project; coordinator Professor Hans-Dieter Klingemann, PhD, and Andrea Volkens, PhD; Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung Gemeinnützige Gesellschaft mbH – WZB, Berlin, Germany.
- Serving as a country expert representative of the following international research networks:
Varieties of Democracy Project (V-Dem)
The Euromanifestos Project; coordinator Professor Hermann Schmitt, PhD: Universty of Mannheimu, Mannheimer Zentrum für Europäische Sozialforschung (MZES)
The Comparative Study of Electoral Systems (CSES)
The European Election Studies (EES).
The Comparative Candidates Survey (CCS)
- Visiting Professor at Faculty of Political al Sciences, University of Zagreb, Croatia (2011-12 - B.A. course of Public Policies; 2012-13 on, PhD course on Public Policy Evaluation) and at the Faculty of Public Administration, University of Ljubljana (2011-2014): M.A. course on Regulatory policies)
- (Teaching and research) staff and study exchange in the fields of political sciences and public policies and governance (EU or other national or bilateral exchange grants): University of Essex, Great Britain (2001), University of Konstanz, Germany (2000, 2004), University of Zagreb, Croatia (2010/11), University of Stirling, Great Britain (2010) – special focus on sport politics and policies, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland (2013), University of Parana, Brasil (2019) – special focus on sport politics and policies, University of Duisburg, Germany (2019/20)
- Member of various national expert commissions: scientific committee in the Council of the Human Rights Ombudsman of the Republic of Slovenia (2019-2025), the Special Governmental Competition Committee (2008-2014), the Council for Quality and Evaluation at the Ministry for Education and Sport (2011-2014), the working bodies for the international cooperation, and for the women in sport at the Olympic Committee of Slovenia (2006-2012)
- Holder of the certificates for work with students with disabilities (University of Ljubljana, 2010, 2012), and expert assistance for disabled athletes (Olympic Committee of Slovenia, 2014)
- Member of the National Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia (2014-2018).