About the Career Centre
We not only wish to offer our students the best education possible but also to give them an opportunity to form contacts with their future employers. During their studies, students meet numerous experts making guest appearances in practicum sessions and others through work experience. Today, however, this is no longer enough. At the University of Ljubljana, 26 institutions have established career centres.
The Faculty of Social Sciences is one of these and offers students and graduates the following free of charge:
- Information about study programmes and employment opportunities for graduates after they complete their study;
- Individual and group career counselling;
- Organisation of free workshops and additional training for students so that they can acquire employment, and other skills and abilities they need in order to successfully enter the labour market;
- Information on available posts;
- Presentations by employers and of employment opportunities in their organisations;
- Study visits to organisations where students familiarise themselves with a real working environment;
- Follow-up work with graduates (surveys about their employability, cooperation with graduate clubs);
- Promotional activities;
- Organisation of consultation on lifelong career orientation;
- Establishment of an Internet portal.